My work, thoughts, process; my melancholy objects, my lists, my navigation, my environment.
My self-portrait.


Contact: jocelyn@freeup.us



*

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Austerity Measures

I am starting to work with a polymer and my guilt over using this material, essentially plastic, has led me to personal conservation measures that I hope will balance my carbon output:



I will only wash my hair every 4 days (water conservation)

I will hang my clothes to dry (electricity conservation)

I will wear slippers instead of turn on the furnace (gas conservation)











I will only flush for the heavy stuff (water conservation)


I will not wash the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher.

I will save the water that normally runs down the drain for the freshest water for my morning coffee.


I will remove the sod-like stuff from my front yard and plant water conscious plants (water and electricity conservation ...labour conservation)

No comments:

Post a Comment